I recently discovered that you can browse celebrity playlists on the iTunes website. Hundreds of celebrities, from famous artists like Jay-Z to the cast of Breaking Bad, have given iTunes playlists of some of their favorite songs. It can be interesting to browse your favorite celebrities’ playlists and find out what kind of music they like. The celebrities will also sometimes give a short description of why they like a song. Here are the five most interesting facts I learned after viewing numerous celebrity playlists:
- LeBron James put the song “Hate Me Now” by Nas and Puff Daddy on his playlist. I think it suits him.
- Comedian Bill Maher listens to rap music. He put “Ten Crack Commandments” by the Notorious B.I.G., “Drug Ballad” by Eminem, and “The Seed 2.0” by the Roots on his six song playlist.
- Comedian Zach Galifianakis surprisingly listens to a lot of serious and emotional music, much of which is by indie bands. Click here to check out his playlist.
- Kanye West listens to a lot more than just rap. As a Kanye fan, I knew he listened to lots of different types of music, since he samples music from many different genres. However, I did not expect only only seven out of the nineteen songs in his playlist to be rap. Kanye also put one of his own songs on his playlist, which seems like something he would do.
- Chris Rock likes a wide variety of music. No two songs in his playlist are similar.